Van Ryder Games announces 2nd Annual VRG Vendor Awards
Van Ryder Games Van Ryder Games has announced its list of Vendor Awards for 2019 that includes top performing industry partners. The list includes vendors or partners across the spectrum of business related services that are important to game publishers, and to VRG specifically.
VRG President, A.J. Porfirio, on this year’s awards. “Once again we are pleased to recognize our top partners in various parts of the industry. There are so many great people and businesses in the board game industry and we are pleased to highlight some of the best with these awards! The VRG Vendor Awards are a way for us to shine a spotlight on these partners and ‘say thanks,’ but also to highlight for our customers, peers, and other interested parties, some vendors that we at Van Ryder Games are very proud to work with and highly recommend to others.”
Van Ryder Games gives out awards for vendors and partners achieving excellence in the following categories: Convention, Distribution, Fulfillment, Licensing, Logistics, Manufacturing, and Media & Content.
Vendors are graded in the following four areas:
- Relationship – judged on the frequency of interactions and the level of rapport with the vendor
- Communication – judged on efficiency of interactions and how timely are they
- Service Quality – judged on the degree of quality of the product or service provided
- Price – judged on value to our business relative to the price of the product or service
Each of these areas is evaluated on a qualitative and quantitative basis (where applicable) by the company and ratings are agreed upon by its members at the annual Van Ryder Games company retreat. It is possible for multiple awards to be given in a category if multiple vendors achieve a sufficient grade. It is also possible for no award to be given in a category if there is not a vendor that achieved a sufficient grade
The 2019 VRG Vendor Award recipients are as follows:
- Vendor of the Year – Liesbeth Bos, International Licensing Coordinator
- Top Convention – Origins Game Fair
- Top Distributor – Universal Distribution, Canada
- Excellence in Fulfillment – Gamesquest (EU Fulfillment)
- Top Licensing Partner – Frosted Games
- Excellence in Logistics – OTX Logistics, Inc.
- Excellence in Media and Content – Brawling Brothers Podcast
- Excellence in Media and Content – Man vs Meeple
- Excellence in Media and Content – The Gameboy Geek, Dan King
- Excellence in Media and Content – Beyond Solitaire, Liz Davidson
- Excellence in Media and Content – Things Get Dicey
Porfirio goes on to explain what makes each of the awarded entities a great partner.